Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Warm Heart #5

If you were in that big 4WD truck that passed me the other day on the deserted winter mountain road...

I do NOT apologize.

Yes, it's probably strange to see a hunched over, pale, chubby, middle-aged woman dancing by her truck in the snow while making a victory signal overhead.

But, I still don't care.

I drove BY MYSELF...

Over one of the rugged mountain passes by our house...

to go from our tiny town to another small town 90 minutes away.

It was one of the magical, monochrome moments that only occur on an early, snowy winter morning.

I fishtailed.

I went five miles an hour.

I gripped the steering wheel so tightly that I might have left fingerprints.

When I got to the top of the mountain (90 minutes later)

I drove into what I thought was fog.

When I realized I was actually driving through the clouds!


The clouds!

I was so happy and excited that I got out and did a little victory dance.

Badly.

And that's when a truck passed me by.

What a happy, joyous moment.

I did it BY MYSELF.

And for a moment I conquered a mountain.

Wow.

 

This post is linked to Warm Heart Wednesday #5 for week beginning December 9.  For other heart warming links, please click here.





8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Hurrah! I call that a victory, and we have to take them wherever we can get them, right?

=)

PS. When you're visiting my Warm Heart Wednesday post, I hope you can find a minute to check out my annual Christmas story, which is posted just before it. You might relate to it, because you and Elias (the hero of my story) have quite a bit in common, to my way of thinking… Merry Christmas!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yeah! And I'm glad you did it safely! Even better.

Merry Christmas Jenny and Mr. Jenny. :-)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! Every victory is getting you closer to healing - I know from experience, and I love that! A merry Christmas to you and yours Jenny!

Jeanne said...

This is just like the mountain weather we have here, so I know EXACTLY how you were feeling!
Merry Christmas, Jeanne

carol l mckenna said...

A big victory for you ~ Wow!

Wishing you the magic and love of the season,
artmusedog and carol

Betty said...

I'd consider that a victory too because I haven't driven in snow in many, many years! It sure is pretty. Merry Christmas Ms. Jenny (and Mr. Jenny too). I hope the new year will be a much better one for you!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Awesome, Jenny! I bet the truckdriver got a big old grin seeing you doing your victory dance. You go! Merry Christmas, dear woman. :-)

Unknown said...

Jenny,
It has been soooo long since I have seen a post....where are you now????
I am in the middle of a battle with bone cancer. It has my youngest son...he is 1/3 of the way through his chemo and looking at limb salvage surgery on the 13th of January...my world has gotten very very small....

Hope all is well with you, I think of you often and smile....

Hugs, Sandy