Friday, June 7, 2013

If a June night could talk...

This little poem is linked to Saturday Centus.   To read other uses of the prompt (in bold...several times) just click here.
 
 
If a June night could talk…
 
what might it say?
 
“Rejoice in my moments
 
they never quite stay.
 
They rush by so quickly
 
blooms diminish and are gone.
 
Pomp and circumstance fades...
 
And the bride’s day is done."
 
If a June night could talk…
 
what might it convey?
 
“The hope of the sunrise
 
won’t always shine in this way.
 
Dreams come and go
 
so hold on while you can.
 
The life of the summer
 
is like the life of a man.
 
You grow and you bloom
 
and you hope and you pray
 
and you seek sweet contentment
 
at the end of each day.”
 
If a June night could talk, my friend…
 
what would it say?
post signature

7 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I love your work! I had forgotten how much, in the work of writing a dissertation, I have not been able to enjoy blogs over the past couple of years. I missed yours so much!

Melinda said...

It would say:

Enjoy:
my warm breezes
my longer evenings
my firefly friends
that's part of what
it would say.

:o)

Ms. A said...

Girl, YOU ROCK!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This made me so happy! I love a June night! :)

Linda

Stef said...

I love it!!

Amy said...

I love a June night, and I love you! You are so talented and you create and convey joy!

Pat Tillett said...

that was really good!
To me June nights were meant for cruising with the windows down, just passing time...