Friday, December 7, 2012

Only last week? Seriously?












This little 105 word poem is linked to Saturday Centus.  The five word prompt is in bold. To read other offerings, just click here.  (I apologize for the weird spacing here.   Blogger is being blogger-like tonight!   Grrrr...)




 
Was it just last week we gathered together?

With turkey and dressing? Bowed heads?

How has the calendar turned to December?

Cool weather? Christmas music? Flannel beds?

When did this year wind down to the end?

Resolutions unfilled? Words of wisdom unsaid?

Was it truly last week that we gathered together?

My Christmas cards are unwritten yet!

Last week and last month and last year I could swear

Were just a few hours ago

My 40’s and 30’s and 20’s are gone

And there’s still just so much I don’t know.

So many answers I continue to seek.

First one…how was Thanksgiving only last week?
 
post signature

7 comments:

Whispering Thoughts said...

This is beautifully written

Dazee Dreamer said...

My thoughts exactly

Ms. A said...

No kidding! Before I know it, another Christmas I'm not prepared for, will be here... AGAIN.

siggiofmaine said...

Time is so fluid...it flies, slows down, escapes...thanks for the lovely poem

lissa said...

time flies when you're having fun, isn't that right? I am sometimes glad my memories isn't so great.

happy holidays!

Splendid Little Stars said...

here! here! totally relate!

Susan Anderson said...

Boy, do I ever feel ya on this one!

Where did 2012 run to??

Sheesh.

=)